There are many people who want straighter, healthier teeth but hesitate to get traditional metal braces. Are you one of these people?
If so, you should consider Invisalign. After taking impressions of your teeth, we create a series of clear plastic aligning trays for you to wear. These trays are custom made to fit you, so the straightening process is gradual and comfortable. This process can correct a variety of issues, including the following.
- Spacing issues – although people often assume that spacing issues are simply aesthetic, the reality is that those gaps leave gum exposed and vulnerable.
- Crowding issues – when teeth are crowded, cleaning them properly can be impossible; when one tooth is overlapping another, it’s simply not possible to clean all of the tooth surfaces. This can cause other problems to develop.
- Overbite – when the upper teeth extend beyond the lower teeth, the person’s bite is not as it should be. This can result in problems with the gums, but it can also damage the lower teeth over time.
- Underbite – in some cases, the upper teeth are surrounded by the lower teeth. Not surprisingly, this can lead to a variety of other problems.
- Crossbite – this is somewhat a combination of the overbite and underbite. It occurs when some upper teeth sit inside some lower teeth and vice versa. It can be very complex and it may make a patient vulnerable to a variety of other dental problems.
- Openbite – sometimes, the upper teeth and lower teeth are too far apart to touch. This can make everyday activities such as chewing and speaking very difficult. Over time, it can make the teeth and jaws vulnerable to other problems.
You are unique. Your dental issues are, too. However, because Invisalign’s clear plastic aligning trays are custom made for you, they can correct a variety of problems. The first tray begins gradually shifting your teeth; the second tray begins where the first one left off, and so on. The result will be healthy, beautiful teeth.
The cost is similar to traditional metal braces and we can help you navigate insurance issues. There are some advantages you may want to consider, as well.
- No irritation in your mouth. Traditional braces have brackets and wires, which can irritate your tongue, gums, lips, and cheeks. Invisalign’s clear plastic aligning trays are custom made to fit your mouth and don’t have any of these potentially irritating features.
- No food restrictions. Those brackets and wires are prone to getting broken or damaged by certain foods, such as candy or hard items. With Invisalign, there are no food restrictions because you just remove your aligning trays when it’s time to eat and put them back in when you’re done.
- No problems with maintaining excellent oral hygiene. With traditional metal braces, brushing and flossing around the brackets and wires can be rather tricky. With Invisalign, you just remove your aligning trays to brush and floss and pop them back in when you’re done.
Invisalign may be the answer you’ve been seeking. We’d be happy to explore the topic further with you. Please contact us for a free Invisalign consultation.