Dr. Douglas Wright, DDS of Owl Orthodontics was recently named by Align Technology as the Invisalign-designated professor at the University at Buffalo (UB) Department of Orthodontics. This exclusive position was based on the extraordinary experience and credentials of Dr. Wright.
Dr Wright is the leader in a number of Invisalign categories in Upstate New York:
- Dr. Wright is the most experienced Invisalign provider in Upstate NY – he has treated over 750 patients
- Dr. Wright is one of the few Elite Preferred Invisalign providers in all of Upstate NY
- Dr. Wright has the highest educational level with Invisalign in Upstate NY
- Dr. Wright is the only Orthodontist in Upstate NY using the iTero impressionless scanning technology
- Dr. Wright is the only Orthodontist in WNY that Align Technology approached for this teaching position – based on his experience and educational level on Invisalign
- Dr. Wright is the only Orthodontist in Upstate NY/Central NY that teaches this course. There are no doctors in Rochester, Syracuse, or Albany that teach this course for Align Technology
The UB School of Dental Medicine has an outstanding program for educating future dental professionals. Dr. Wright will share his knowledge and years of experience using Align Technology’s Invisalign.
As part of his continuing education, Dr. Wright attends the annual Invisalign Summit every fall. This event provides a comprehensive overview of developing Invisalign innovation and how new technology can be incorporated for various treatments.
Earlier this year, Dr. Wright successfully completed his board recertification by the American Board of Orthodontics. While this esteemed accreditation is not required to practice orthodontics, it certainly demonstrates Dr. Wright’s commitment to excellence in orthodontics.