We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. At your first visit or consultation you will be greeted by one of our treatment coordinators. She will get you ready to meet Dr. Wright. That means taking any necessary diagnostic X-rays along with facial and oral digital images, reviewing your health history and generally discussing braces and our office.
Meet Kathleen, an Owl Orthodontics Treatment Coordinator
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
Dr. Wright will then review your photos and X-rays. He will examine your teeth with a mouth mirror and advise you of any possible problems, the necessary corrective treatment options and give you an estimated cost of the treatment.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past twelve months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. Most often, your dental insurance benefits have been verified prior to your consultation appointment. We accept most insurance plans.